Sunday, January 07, 2007

Six Weird Things About Me



I've been tagged by Eric, so here goes:

1. I've sung with a big band, for money.
2. I hate ballpoint pens. Hate hate hate. Fountain pens are the way God intended us to write. In fact, if you were taught penmanship by nuns, you have probably been disappointed all these years to have been give instructions that just don't work with ball points. But try a fountain pen; all they said works!
3. I like Bach better than Mozart, and think Beethoven's music tries too hard. Music should court the listener, not overpower him.
4. I never really liked the rosary that much. Shhh! Don't tell my sister-in-law! The Jesus Prayer, on the other hand, rocks.
5. I used to play a lot of Dungeons and Dragons.
6. I often wear a stocking cap to bed. It has to do with my lack of hair.

There you go, 6 weird things.

5 comments:

palinurus said...

Enjoyed your blog. Linked to it re weird things, if that is okay, to put on a blog I just started, after branching out from a group blog I write for. Thanks, and good luck.

Innocent said...

Just don't forget to take that fountain pen out of your shirt pocket if you ever do any flying!







With love and prayers,
Innocent

WhyItsMeOfCourse said...

My goodness! There are two of you on the planet.

My philosopher is older, has hair (gray), and has the only sole proprietorship in our mutual state, that teaches philosophy on five campi at any given time. And then there's Aristotle, and I hear you're more of a man for Plato.

Both of you cling to Truth first. And I hear from outside sources you design a wicked exam- just as my philosopher does.

It's nice to know there are two of you out there.

SuzieQuzie said...

I saw that!

The reason, of course, is that you are flawed. ;)

I like both -the Rosary teaches me about Christ - the Jesus prayer is good to have in your mind at all times. :)

SuzieQuzie said...

one more thing...

Singing the Jesus Prayer (the Byzantine way) in one's mind at all times (that's the goal, right?) is very peaceful. :)