Tuesday, July 11, 2006

Tales from the Front


This week I am helping out with the Pro-Life Action League's Truth Tour, where we hold graphic signs on the side of busy streets. There has been much controversey over whether our method is proper, whether anyone should have to see such horrible images, and whether some other method (ultrasounds) might work better. I don't know about all of that, but want to tell you two stories from the last two days:

1) A woman came up to us with tears in her eyes and said that she was pregnant three years earlier when she saw our signs, and it caused her to decide to have her baby. Little Arianna is three years old, the light of her mother's life.

2) Today a boy of fifteen walked by our demonstration and told my friend Pat that his girlfriend was pregnant, that he didn't know what to do, but that he had prayed for a sign. He got it today.

Every day I help out with the tour something like this happened. Earlier this year a woman came up to me crying, and said "I've had six abortions. Do you have any literature I could have?" Would she have sought healing if not for us? Maybe. These questions are open to debate. But she did seek healing, and a boy and his girlfriend are going to have their child, and little Arianna is three.

No comments: