Saturday, March 19, 2005

We went to Disney World for spring break


I have several reactions to Disney World:

1) Does everyone have a tattoo but me? It seems that way. Why would anyone wish to mark his flesh permanently with ink? I've never got a satisfactory answer to that question.
2) Epcot stinks. It used to be neat, but all of the educational rides are being removed and replaced with thrill-rides. Even The Land, my favorite, is being replaced with some flying ride. Harumph. I blame Michael Eisner.
3) The Magic Kingdom is still fun, although I don't approve of all the changes. Whenever a ride is revamped, it seems that it is inevitably made louder and more crass. I used to love the Tiki Room, but no more. It has been recast as a raucus fight between the birds from The Lion King and Aladdin. The worst part of it was that the show began with a teaser of the old music. I thought that I was going to be able to relive childhood glories, until the interlopers appeared, and the show went to hell.
4) The Animal Kingdom only takes a half day. The raft ride is fun.

No comments: