Tuesday, June 15, 2004

Large Women and Ungentlemanly Men


I went to a party last weekend. At this party were many woman that I had known in college, and many of them had changed through pregnancy. I will put it delicately: many of them were much larger than I remembered.

Now, this is not a bad thing, but a natural thing. Women's bodies change as they bring new life into the world. Some change more than others, but they all change.

But seeing all the wonderfully burgeoning pregnant women got me thinking--what sort of man would do that to a woman, putting her through such physical changes, and then leave her? No gentleman would, certainly. The very nature of pregnancy itself demands that take place only in marriage, for only in marriage can the woman be sure that she will be protected and loved no matter what happens to her physical shape.


Of course, when I say "marriage" I am referring to Christian marriage, where man and woman are sacramentally joined into one flesh.

No comments: